This week, we relaunched the SFNS website. It is currently hosted by Membership Works, which combines a WordPress website with membership management tools. While the website is currently under construction, we hope that it will be functional by the end of May. This functionality will include online membership sign-up with payment collection, an events calendar, member directory, and blog.
The total software stack we are using (or planning to use) to run the Chapter is:
- Basecamp for project management (contributed by ACC)
- Crazydomains for domain registration and admin email hosting ($78 for two years)
- Membership Works (MW) for member management ($39 per month)
- WordPress.org hosted by MW for website (included in price of MW)
- MailChimp for maillist, hopefully with MW integration (free or some monthly fee for the MW-integrated version)
- Stripe and/or PayPal for payments (about 4% of each payment)
- A bank account
- Google Analytics (free)
Members will be able to post their information to the Directory, which will be published to the site.
Departmental representatives will be able to post Events and News to the site, so that the Singapore Neuroscience community will be able to communicate neuroscience-related news across the city-state.