Mission of the Singapore Chapter of SfN
The Singapore Chapter of the Society for Neuroscience is a nonprofit membership organization. Our mission is to:
Advance neuroscience research, collaboration, and education in Singapore.
The chapter’s sponsoring institutions include National University of Singapore, Duke-NUS Medical School, the National Neuroscience Institute, and Nanyang Technological University.
The chapter’s elected officers are drawn from these institutions. Membership is open to all persons who are interested in neuroscience. Membership in the Society for Neuroscience (US) is not a requirement for membership in the Singapore Chapter.
- Networking opportunities and social events.
- A forum for neuroscientists.
- Raise the visibility of your work and neuroscience in Singapore.
- A website and newsletter to improve communication between scientists.
- Coordinate and publicize neuroscience outreach.
Annual dues to join the SFN Singapore Chapter are modest:
- $50 for Regular Members (faculty, and non-academics)
- $10 for Postdoc and Postbac Members
- Just $5 for Student Members (graduate and undergraduate)
- $6 to be a Friend of Neuroscience (members of the public)
Your dues help to support SFN Singapore Chapter’s events and other activities.
About The Society for Neuroscience
The Society for Neuroscience (SfN) is a US-based non-profit membership organization of scientists and physicians who study the brain and nervous system. Since inception in 1969, the Society has grown from 500 members to over 38,500. SfN is the world’s largest organization of scientists and physicians devoted to advancing understanding of the brain and nervous system. SfN has more than 100 North American chapters and an expanding number of international chapters. Chapters are a critical component of the Society’s ability to engage individuals in the field of neuroscience both nationally and internationally.